In today’s lifestyle, most of us don’t actively sweat on a daily basis unless we are engaged in an exercise program. Numerous medical studies show that deep sweating has multiple health benefits. Regular bathing in a far infrared sauna provides the benefits derived from deep sweat:
- In the heat of a sauna, the core body temperature begins to rise and blood vessels dilate, causing increased blood flow. As heat from the blood moves toward the skin surfaces and the core body temperature rises, the body’s nervous system sends signals to the millions of sweat glands covering the body. As the sweat glands are stimulated, they produce sweat, which is the body’s process for cooling the body. Sweat is composed mostly of water, but deep sweating in a sauna can help reduce levels of lead, copper, zinc, nickel, and mercury, all toxins commonly picked up from our environment.
- At the same time, skin is cleansed and dead cells are replaced, keeping your skin in good working condition.
- Sweat rises bacteria out of the epidermal layer and sweat ducts. Cleansing of the pores improves the capillary circulation and gives the skin a soft, beautiful appearance.
- Under high heat, the body releases endorphins, the body’s naturally produced pain relieving chemical. Endorphins can have a mild and enjoyable tranquilizing effect and the ability to quell the pain of arthritis and muscle soreness from an intense physical workout.
- Body temperature rises from the heat of the sauna, causing blood vessels to dilate and circulation to increase, which accelerates the body’s natural healing process. It soothes aches and pains and speeds up the healing of cuts and bruises.
- Following sporting activity or your personal workout regimen, use the heat of a far infrared sauna to relax muscles, thereby easing muscle tension and eliminating lactic acid and other toxins.
- Far infrared saunas may also be used for warming up prior to a sporting activity, personal workout, physical therapy or massage therapy.
- Cardiovascular conditioning is also a beneficial side effect of using far infrared sauna heat.
For more information about Far-Infrared Saunas, visit Detoxifying Far-Infrared Sauna